We Plan for a Meaningful Experience
For many of your students, traveling abroad will offer a once-in-a-lifetime experience to enrich their perspective of the world we live in. Proper planning and applied knowledge is the best way to encourage all the positive experiences waiting for you and your students on this journey.
We are always available and communicate with you every step of the way. We will answer any questions you have and make sure we understand what is important to your group, then suggest and plan the best ways to achieve that goal.
Throughout the year CETA will provide information and assistance to help you and your students prepare for your upcoming tour.
Planning Your Tour
- One of our experienced tour coordinators will work with you to help design or suggest a tour itinerary based on what you want your students to see and do.
- We can advise the best times for travel, how to maximize participation and student engagement while maintaining the best value.
- Teachers and parents appreciate that our staff takes time to answer questions and helps put their minds at ease about their upcoming travel experience.
To begin planning, please Contact Us
CETA Tours does all we can to ensure your group has a fantastic trip. We provide online access to:
Travel Handbook for Students & ParentsThis comprehensive handbook includes information about getting a passport, what to pack, using cash and currency abroad, health and safety on tour, and more.
Flight Schedule & Airline Luggage RequirementsAlong with your flight times and numbers, your flight schedule also has information about where to check in. It also includes guidelines for carry-on and checked baggage with links to the airline website.
Passport PouchCETA provides a passport pouch (worn around your neck and under your clothing) to make sure your passport, money and ATM cards are safe.
Accommodations ListThis list has the names, addresses, and contact information of all of the places your group is staying. This copy should be left at home. You will receive another accommodations list at the airport.
Family Stay Questionnaire (when applicable)If CETA arranges a family stay for your school, you will complete information to help our coordinators pair you with a family. Shortly before departure, you will receive a list of all of the host families' names, addresses and phone numbers as well as contact information for your teacher. At least one teacher or chaperone will be in the town during the family stay and be available as needed.
Teacher Contact Information (when applicable)If your group is traveling with another school or schools, we will send you the names and contact information of the other teachers as well as the tour leader for your group. Included in the contact information is a list of topics that we recommend you discuss with the other teachers on the tour prior to departure.
Prior to departure, your group will receive:
Luggage TagsYou will receive two luggage tags (with your name and address pre-printed) – one for your carry-on bag and one for your checked bag.
Passport Accommodations ListA passport-sized accommodations list will be provided to tape into your passport. This way, you have a list of where you’re staying with you at all times.
While On Tour
- An experienced tour leader will manage your trip
- Or, if you have chosen to lead your trip yourself, you will be provided with a binder with a collection of essential contact information specific to all aspects of your tour.
- CETA Tours provides emergency contact numbers to that tour leaders and organizers can reach a CETA Staff member 24 hours/day.
- Teachers receive home or cell and emergency phone numbers for their students.